Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Charlotte NC - Furniture - Home Redesign
Charlotte North Carolina - Furniture - Home Redesign
What coffee table - style would best fit your homes room redesign?
Your coffee table should look great, serve the guest well and display a few accessories that uncover your personal style. Choosing the right one for your rooms style and accessorizing your living room is important.
Tray Topped Tables -
Tray topped coffee tables - appeal to a living area that's really lived in. The table’s handles make entertaining easy, pick up the tray and pass the appetizers. An array of styles from traditional tole tray to contemporary clean lined versions proves this table's versatility. The tray table is often smaller than standard coffee tables, so it works better in cozy seating areas.
Glass Topped Tables -
A glass topped coffee table - visually enlarges a small space because it appears to take up less room than a solid table of the same size. The French Country look, with its swirly wrought-iron base, works well in a traditional slightly informal setting and is ideal in a garden room. If you have children, choose a table where the glass sits in a frame rather than floats on top.
Parsons Table -
Presented in weathered wood, metal or laminate, the simple shape of the Parsons table, with its clean lines and long, lean profile, makes it a classic that's especially at home in modern and contemporary interiors. Its beauty lays in carefully balanced proportions, with a length at least twice the width.
The Table Size Is Important -
The standard height for coffee tables - is 16 to 18 inches, but could go as high as 21 inches. A higher table is a pleasing choice if you entertain often so that guests don't have to bend too much to set down their drinks. Eventually, the height of the adjacent upholstered pieces should determine the height of the table. One guideline is that a coffee table - should be about the same height or one or two inches lower than the seat height of the sofa. The length of a coffee table should be about two-thirds the length of the sofa (not including arms). The width should be determined by how much room you have between the soft upholstered pieces and the table in your seating arrangement leaves at least 16 inches around each side of the table.
Style Selections -
No matter how formal the room setting, the coffee table - should still be functional consider slate or thick glass tops that look elegant and are durable. If your style is care free, almost anything goes. Whether you lean toward a formal or casual style, don't forget that opposites attract. A clear Lucite table takes a little stuffiness out of a traditional setting, while a rustic dark wood trunk attractively sets off a contemporary white sofa. Two small square shape tables side by side are an option to one long coffee table and offer the option of separating the tables to use as extra side tables if the needed.
Accessorize your coffee table -
A great coffee table - is a conversation piece in itself, what goes on, under and beside it will finish the look.
• A coffee table - is the perfect location to display a grouping of attractive conversation pieces. However keep it simple one stunning piece for impact or a few smaller curios of varying heights and textures for visual and touchable interest are all that's needed.
• Glass topped coffee tables - that have a plain base can be accessorized by placing items under the table to be viewed from above.
• Remember to leave room on the surface for setting down drinks and small plates.
• Hide away and store newspapers and magazines in a basket underneath the table or nearby to keep the surface uncluttered, or consider a trunk style table that can store many things from extra cushions, throws books, magazines and board games.
• Keep the space between the sofa and table to a minimum; or the table will seem to float in the middle of the room. In addition to, drinks and books should be within an easy reach from the sofa.
• Furniture Home Redesign - Home Redesign - offers home owners the opportunity to use their existing furniture, artwork and accessories. This is done by rearranging furniture, accessories and artwork with accommodating the architectural features, focal points and room function.We will combine new furniture pieces that are needed to complete the home redesign. This will result in a warm, beautiful and inviting room that reflects your lifestyle.
Professional Company providing Interior Design, Interior Room Redesign, Real Estate Home Staging Services, Holiday and Event Decorating Services, in Charlotte NC, including South Charlotte, Weddington, Concord, Mt. Holly, Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson, Belmont, Lake Norman, Mooresville, Statesville, Hickory, Winston Salem North Carolina & South Carolina.